Re: MKSpeech: Open source, Low cost notetaker

You've got a good point there Turtlepower, and let me add to that by pointing out that not everyone wants a computer either. I'm not talking just general users, but take a school scenario for example. A vision teacher may not want to throw their students into the world of mainstream computing right away, and may rather they use a consistent notetaker. Could possibly be the reason for the Braillenote's popularity for that setting as the interface was always consistent. It was true that Keysoft on Windows Ce was a tight shell especially in the later Apex, but I could see the benefit from a student perspective. Like I said earlier, the notetaker doesn't pose the necessities of daily computing tasks slow startup time, antivirus, you name it. This device basically provides the best of both worlds. A comfortable environment for that situation, and the full power of Linux for us all. Manuel, I'd definitely recommend ExtFs to anyone using the device and not any of the free alternatives you may find. This is definitely not a you get what you pay for thing, but I've heard reports of read-only access, or filesystem corruption when transferring files with the other lesser known alternatives. Besides, Paragon have been around for a long time, and this is exactly what their field is. They brought us Ntfs support for Mac, so ExtFs is just as solid. I mean, the only other free solution I'd suggest is, uh, getting a Linux installation? But not everyone wants that on their desktop if they don't plan on using Linux as a daily driver on their computer, much less loading up a live cd for a backup or file transfer. ExtFs just make extended filesystems appear just like any other drive in windows explorer or finder.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hhurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hhurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tysonsylvester123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector