Re: MKSpeech: Open source, Low cost notetaker

Hello,
@28 Exactly because it will be open source it's why it will be more protected against this kind of situations. Say that you want to use the operating system, in fact you could. Being the software open source, nothing would stop you for taking the pieces and put them together for making your operating system as you want. You would do that in a VM, so it won't fix any of the problems a notetaker will fix (because you still would need any linux OS, and would need a PC). If you would like to take that code you will have to respect the GPL license, which means that if you use it, you still need to give me credits for that code, any modification must be given back to the original source, and you can't distribute it under a different license. I am planning to make a dual license so commercial use will be linked against another license, and personal use will be licensed under GPL, like MySql does, for example. So if someone would like to take that code for makin g his own notetaker and start to sell it without working, this person will have to contact me and talk about the commercial use of the projects that I have done.
Finally I don't think it should be needed, but I still need to protect the work I have done and am doing in these set of projects. I think with A dual license I will allow devs to play with the notetaker as they want, they even could make applications (I am writing something like a set of libraries for drawing widgets and stuff with the interface I am creating for the notetaker) and if they want, they could distribute these apps as open source (or, if everything goes well, I would be willing to make like a store where they could offer paid apps if they like). It's not hard to make apps by using the interface, and there are lots of things that you could code. I am pretty sure this kind of opportunities are harder in other kind of systems and will add something different to this product from the user's per spective. Not only the person who made the device is able to add apps. At least that's how I see the future of the device and that's why I think open source allows much more this kind of scenarios than proprietary OS'S.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hhurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hhurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tysonsylvester123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector