Re: Ontoys online game platform

This platform is in deed quite interesting. The rumors about it being from a Russian hacker sound like BS at first, but I was a bit shocked when the registration page asked me for my first and last name, city and country, and announced cheerfully that this would be displayed on my profile. That's a bit too specific for my liking. I ended up putting my State in place of the city. What horrified me more though was that the password you give them is not encrypted. The confirmation email displayed the password I gave them in plain text for everyone to see. Not exactly a company I would immediately trust with my credit card info, but I guess we'll wait and see if someone else gets hacked by these guys.
I also hope that the open source nature of these games is cheat proof, meaning someone can't just tweak some values and be unbeatable. Simply checking the game file against the server's version would fix this, although it seems to already do this, so that's good. So far I've played age of heroes, table tennis, battleship and rainbow, and I'll be messing with it more in the coming days.
Oh, and to the people saying the link is broken, I thought that as well. The misleading 503 in the page title weirded me out, but just look at the page. I guarantee it's not broken.
Battleship is utterly broken as well guys. I should not be able to play an entire game without getting hit once. just not possible lol.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : abdullah_mohammad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : staindaddict via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : staindaddict via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : staindaddict via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : alec via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dash via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mojsior via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector