Re: `Cosmic Rage, an all new, all awesome Space MOO from Nathan Tech!

eOkay I confess I'm getting a little fedup with cosmic rage at the moment, indeed that is one reason I'm playing less.

The two activities that I'm trying currently are asteroid harvesting and meteor chasing, however they're getting extremely! boring.

first, I go into uncharted space (a journey which takes at least 10 minutes just to get out there), and there are no! sodding! asteroids! whichever sector I try, lots of planetoids, plenty of nebula fields, but asteroid fields? none at all!

I have tried different directions, nnorth and east from sectors, but not one asteroid in sight.

then, meteor chasing.

I first thought I'd done something wrong because I was seeing no meteors, however it turned out I don'#t just needx the meteor chasing upgrade and the meteor scanning module installed on my ship, but also a meteor scan ner to wear.
Okay, I buy one. however the scanner will only tell me where meteor storms are whe n I'm outside a sector, by which time of course it will take me a good twenty minutes to get back to a place where I can rift to another sector, by which point the storm has gone.

I'm thus at the moment spending lots of time basically twiddling my thumbs waiting to find some bloody asteroids and not finding any! and frankly this is discouraging me from playing since I just feel I'm not making any progress here.

Edit: Okay oh great! found a sodding asteroid field and for the second time, when I decloak to haul an asteroid I get shot at and my defensive armour gets literally blown to hell in seconds! this time at least I didn't lose the hauler, however now it means a half hour flight back to a beacon, then god knows how long finding more asteroids, only for the same thing to probably happen again.
I confess II'm getting rather fedup with cosmic rage at this point, it seems I can't actually do any different activities at all.
It� 39;s not the cash cost, it is the amount of time with zero progress and then boom!

I get asteroid hauling or harvesting is supposed to be risky, but t to take literally hours! finding! the sodding asteroid fields, only one ship that can even go in there because of the cloak, and no way to actually survive once I'm there is just plane annoying!

I would suggest firstly, combat in asteroid fields actually be made possible, I don't know whether  this would be by making the fighters less powerful or more spread out, or hell just having them possible to target.
I would then really! suggest more sodding asteroids!