Re: Needing a grant for a Braile Display

joshknnd1982 wrote:

if you are patient the orbit reader20 braille display should be out in a month or 2 and a brand new braille display will only cost $499 from american printing house for the blind.

I'll believe no further release date predictions on any tactile device, braille or otherwise, and the Orbits 20 reader is a perfect example of why. Last I heard, it was coming out around the end of March. This after it was the end of 2016. Which was after Fall 2016. It gets pushed back two or three months every two or three months. Is it coming out, or isn't it? The Brain Port is the only device in this category that got stuck in Development Hell and actually made it out, since I started paying attention. And that's $10,000US.