Re: A Question About Guide Dogs

@shotgunshell, when I say "school" I don't mean your actual school, I mean a guide dog training school, ie, an organization  trains guide dogs and matches them with blind people.

apparently there are several in the states, so goodness knows why your going to Canida.

Indeed I wonder if this business about "your town isn't setup for a dog" is the entire truth as I said, the hole situation seems a bit strange, but you need to handle it like an adult, find out the facts and then either argue accordingly or go somewhere else.

I will say over here generally if you apply for a guide dog and don't get there is usually a dam good reason, eg, an old person who is unwell and couldn't take care of a dog, or a partner who has a fir allergy, or a majorly serious mental illness such as the dog, and likely the person as well would be in danger, and even in these circusmtances the guide dogs association would still provide things li ke mobility training if they could and likely might change their in the future if a person's circumstances change.

As I said I don't know how it is in the states, but certainly my lady's experiences with the seeing eye were pretty positive.