Re: The killer

Hi.
Here are a lot of ideas in some random mixed ordre. I hope you find some of it worth looking into:
Keep the readme updated. All features and how they work should be explained in the readme, or maybe the readme should say that this is up to the players to discover. I think this is very important, otherwise people would feel like they are missing a lot of the games features, and they'll keep asking the same questions about those things which aren't explained in the readme.
Different language chat channels, and a way to translate the game into multiple languages. In this way, more people will be able to play the game.
It would be awesome if you could build your own maps, and send them through the game to you as the developers to get them accepted in the game. In this way, the players could help by expanding the game the way they want.
It would be cool if the game had a shop where you could buy items for the coins you get. Maybe limit the items y ou pick up on the ground, and make them available in the shop instead.
When the player get killed, all the items should be lost. People can just wander around for hours and pick up a ton of items, get close to unlimited health, and if you manage to kill them, they still have most of their items.
An other idea: No, this is not to copy Redspot. It would be cool if you could build your own house, fill it up with weapons, bombs and other items to defend the house from other players, and then store useful items in your own house. The players should be able to destroy your house, but you can place traps and bombs around the house. I'm not talking about team battles like in Redspot. Just for your own enjoyment. Your house should only be  visible when you are online, so you can defend it.
Then, health and the amount of items should have a limit, so people don't get too powerful, just because they are good at picking up a lot of items. smile
Something which really would motivate me to keep playing is if there were trophies. You could get trophies for how many players you kill, how many players you kill by using bombs, minds, remote guns and other ways to kill people. Other players should be able to see your trophies. I don't know how this could work, but maybe a trophy menu where you can see the trophies you can get, the trophies you have got and the trophies the current online players have got. Or maybe simply just use slash trophy commands. I think trophies is the way to keep people motivated. Trophies or maybe levels. But levels aren't fair in my opinion for newbies. Then. levels should be for other things than killing people. smile
It would be nice to have NPC enemies to kill as well. Both to entertain people when there aren't o ther players online, but maybe also to gain levels for some reason. Maybe the enemies could be mean to newbies, and the players at the higher levels could protect the newbies. That would be a cool mix, so you kind of have to choose if you wanna protect people or kill them. I could see that bring a lot of interesting playability to the game. Then, there would be something for those who just wanna kill other players, but also something for those who just wanna kill NPC's and don't wanna kill the other players. Maybe maps could be made for player killing and other maps only for NPC killing.
I have other ideas as well. I think you should try to make the game as unique as possible, so people don't think: Oh, just yet an other clone of something they have seen before.
I wish you the best of luck with the development, and I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future.