Re: VIP MUD v2.0: A missing file?

No Dark, the locations of those 2 VIP MUD folders are the same in Windows 8.1 as yours.

Regarding Phil's advice:
I know how sensitive windows 8.1 is with the Program Files (x86) directory, its write protection has caused me some problems in the past, so I thought of reinstalling VIP MUD into a different location, or different drive even, but I kept delaying that step by now, as the last possible alternative.
If I finally decide for it, there are 2 possible issues I am afraid of:
The 1st one is the VIP MUD client registration. Will my computer still remember it after such a step, and if no, how can I avoid to pay the 30 dollars registration price again, by re-registering the program?
As second, losing all the data, scripts, preset character and soundpack settings, etc. True, the folders and files for those are located in my users documents directory, but also under a folder named VIP MUD, which will very likely be deleted along with the program itself , and after reinstalling it, only the original, default settings will remain.
Currently I have the characters, and sounds data of 6 MUD-games there, and I would really hate the idea of losing all those, and starting all the configurations and settings for each of them over, from the very scratches.

As for my current problem, I did make a small progress in it, by adapting all the Discworld options and features to screen-reader, (it can be done with a special command, and is not included in the default blind-mode settings), so there are more sounds I can hear now, but the previously mentioned, more important problems still prevailed: Still cannot hear all the sounds included in the soundpack, and none of the vital soundpack options, or features seems to work, including the ignore classes, and the gag spam settings.
However, this made me wonder, what if there are still certain other settings left inside the MUD, some options I still haven't adjusted the right way, so further Discworld settings and options, which are preventing the soundpack features from functioning properly?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mahdi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Draq via Audiogames-reflector