Re: VIP MUD v2.0: A missing file?

Since those instructions were not clear enough to me either, initially I did the installation in the "traditional" way, meaning the one you described above, but as I mentioned, I tried out many things, applied many changes later, both inside, and outside the VIP client and the Discworld MUD, in order to make the soundpack work properly...and still haven't succeded with it.
The actual serious problem is, that I don't know of existence of any other soundpack for Discworld, at least for VIP client, so I have no other alternatives.
No matter what I tried, this so called TTS soundpack works only in a limited way:
Some of the sounds from its "sounds" directory are displayed just fine, while the others, totally regardless of the settings I apply, just won't function, along with some other settings of the soundpack, like ignoring classes, or turning gag-filters on and off.
The options themselves appear to work, I mean when I turn a setting off, it indeed shows being turned off, but takes no effect at all, no difference, as if it is still turned on. (and normally vice-versa happens the same too)
example: There exist sounds for some pets in the "sounds" directory, like cats, chickens, and frogs. I started, and heard those sounds myself, so they are there, but they still won't be played inside the game. Some other sounds, like doors, bells, prayers, weapons are displayed just fine, but those animal sounds, totally regardless of the settings I apply, just refuse to start and play, despite being in the very same directory with the above mentioned other, well working sounds.
Furthermore, as I mentioned, settings like ignore classes or filter gags are totally useless, I keep hearing the comments about all classes and actions, all the time, regardless of the current, active ignore class, and gag filter settings.

So this was a more detailed description of some of my, more important TTs soundpack issues for Discworld, and the link I downloaded the soundpack from, (normally its latest version from the list), along with the sounds themselves is here:
https://sites.google.com/site/blindjame … /discworld

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector