Re: Alcyone: The Last City Kickstarter with playable demo

Hey everybody, I'm the developer of the game in question. I found this discussion through google search alerts a few weeks ago and it's been super useful in helping me identify things I need to fix up to make it more accessible. Thanks tons for all of the feedback & compliments, it's been very cool discovering that the game is already pretty accessible out of the box.

Once you hit the map you have indeed completed the demo — I'll make that a bit more obvious in the next update. wink And unfortunately it doesn't work on XP, it's pretty compatible across the board but it relies on rendering engines that don't exist in XP. XP has also been rendered unsupported by Microsoft as well, so I don't think those libraries will be developed for them going forward.

On the topic of unlabelled images, since this is essentially a self-contained website are you referring to the img alt HTML tag? That's easy enough for me to add if so, and I can add that to the next release as well. What would be preferred, just a label saying what the icon is (IE, "Icon: Citizen") or a full description of what the icon looks like? This isn't my area of expertise unfortunately and I'm not sure if the full description would be too much clutter for everyone on screen readers.

I'd also love to share a build of the next demo to make sure that accessibility has improved if that's of interest to anyone?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mixvio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mixvio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mixvio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mixvio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector