Re: Alcyone: The Last City Kickstarter with playable demo

Definitely a captivating audio experience. The highest praise I can give to an audio game is that I wanted to carry on playing it, and that was true here. Didn't feel it was completely accessible though. Felt I might be missing stuff. For instance, at one point it said click the help button in the sidebar, but jaws couldn't find it. It said it was strongly recommended you equip your equipment before continuing, but the only option was a link to continue, so I didn't know if there were a button similar to help that I was missing. Another constant issue I had with jaws was I had to keep refreshing the page using the insert escape command. If I didn't do this, links were unclickable using enter or space. NVDA seemed to work fine in this regard, but found I couldn't read sentence by sentence in NVDA, so switched back to jaws and kept refreshing.
When I got to the map being unlocked, there was nothing at all to select/click. I assumed that was the end of t he demo, so didn't think to refresh the screen. Seems from what others have said that I missed something.
An odd thing I noticed with the text was that plural words seemed to have the s a space apart from the rest of the word.
As far as in-game playability was concerned, the story and setting seemed like interesting ones, and I definitely wanted to know more. My only slight criticism would be that I felt my options always boiled down to a choice between heroic drama and subservient dullness, are you a man or a mouse. It seemed obvious which avenue an action movie would go down, and at first I chose this path, then thought maybe the writers know I'll do this and are going to punish me for my obviousness, so I started going down the 'keep your head down' route just to be different. Would like to see less black and white options in the finished game. I know how much work must go into these things without a million and one options, but a few more grey areas would be nice.
Good job though. If the end result is as engaging as the demo, I'll be donating or paying.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mixvio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mixvio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mixvio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mixvio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector