Avalon MUD soundpack: german-english

Hello, this time I have problems with the Mush-soundpack for Avalon MUD.

Namely, there is a very nicely up-to-date soundpack for that MUD, made for Mush-client, (so it is integrated into a separate Mush-client copy, like the ones for Alteraeon or Materia Magica), which I downloaded from here:

Its newest version can also be downloaded from here:

The first one is a german site, the second however is in english.

The main problem is, that the soundpack, regardless from which site I download it, is by default linked to a german Avalon server with autorun, with a different name and port number from the english one, where I am currently playing.
This normally resulted in my character not being recognized there.
I do understand and write german quite well, but I would still prefer to continue playing on the english server, would hate to restart, then start playing from the very scratches again, in a language even, in which I am still less competent than i n english.

I prefer using VIP-client for playing my favorite MUDs, so I am familiar only with the very basics of Mush-client.
This means I could only redirect the MUD address from the german Avalon server to the english one, but after I did that and restarted the client, a bunch of errors were announced, and the soundpack didn't function right...in matter fact the most elements, including the sounds themselves, didn't function at all anymore.

I actually wonder why this happened, since as I could determine, all the files in the soundpack directory are named in english, and the copy of the Mush-client itself is in english as well, so I have absolutely no clue what causes those errors, and why doesn't the soundpack function on the english Avalon server too???

Any suggestions or advices regarding this issue?
(maybe the solution of the problem is quite simple, it's just my lack of competence with Mush-client, which prevents me from determin ing and finding it)

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector