Re: I'm kind of concerned about the culture surrounding usability

Hello daigonite.

Thing is, I can choose to pick both. I can settal for what I have. For example I've used JAWS for around 17 years and all that time I thought it was the best thing ever. Then NVDA came along and I selibrated the fact that I had a new toy, as it were, to play with, found out I loved it and have stuck with it ever since.

Talking ATMS wern't a thing in the UK about five or so years ago, to get money out you had to go into a bank and go from there. I was fine with that. Then these new talking ATMS came along and i was happpy that I could use a machine on my own.

So I am choosing both, do you see? I can settal for what I have but also be  happy when new things come out. I am not one of these we must go out there and make everything accessible people, because I do not believe that is possible and would not want to live in a world like that anyway.

I'm very happy with what I have and do not believe changing the way I do things is worth it.

I can't really see what I'd change anyway? I can bank, go on the internet, use apps, go out and buy things. what more do I need? If you think i'm sitting here not thinking about accessible programs and things, you'd be write up to a point. I don't think about this stuff until I come across something like a site that I could possibly help the dev out with and if they don't respond it doesn't matter to me, I just move on.

I just thought of another way of putting it that might help you understand me a little more.

I have never seen myself as part of the blind comunity and never will to be honest. I am Brad first before the blindness and just get on with my life. I change what I can when I can but I don't fight for it as in my oppinion there's no need to do so. As I said before, there are tuns and tuns of sites out there, apps to do nearly anything we could want these days and that I feel is good enough for me.

When a new thing comes along, I will check it out and see if it works for me and include it it in my life, but for now I'm completely fine with what I have.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector