Re: When is a book not a book? or not....

I'm more or less with Turtlepower all the way.
There are some things which are probably better read in braille when possible. Math and science and anything involving maps/diagrams are the obvious cases, but some literature does formatting tricks which are hard to represent in audio. For example, Far Tortuga does this thing where, whenever a character leaves the story, there are words and names positioned in unusual ways. And then there are stories that make use of anagrams (although contractions make those a bit harder). And let's not forget poetry in the shape of its motif. Oh, and spelling, of course.
Oh, and I like pictures, apparently, so long as they're comprehensible and not overly complex. A 4:3 or 16:9 braille display really should have existed by now. Steam-punk braille plz.