Re: The Eye Conditions Topic

Hello...
Just figured I would jump in here. I was born fully sited. When I was around 2 years old, we had a German Shepard going through training or something like that. Apparently I was able to open the front door when nobody was around or looking or something, and the dog either had a litter of puppies that I got too close to, or she jumped up and hit me and my nose was bleeding, or both. Whatever happened, it set her off, and I lost part of my left index finger and had a torn up face. I hear I went through 15 surgeries, 1 of which I had to have a skin graft put over both my eyes. I no longer have a skin graft over my right eye, but I have sinus drainage out of my left as opposed to where ever it normally comes out of, so that 1 stays closed. I'm able to see lights, shadows, and colors. As for the dog, I'd rather not go into that, everyone could probably figure out what happened to her. Contrary to what most of the people who heard about it think, I actually reall y love dogs, especially the big 1s. I don't have a big dog inside the house, but I have a little 1 who I'm fond of just as much. If everyone knows about Chris on the forum, he hated them ever since I told him about my accident, despite never having any direct contact with 1. Also, I've had a past of people giving their opinion on what they think blind people should and shouldn't be allowed to do, which ticks me off just a little bit looking back. I could go into other things I've went through, but I think I'll save that for another time.