Re: Vocalizer Siri Voices For JAWS or NVDA

How do you extract the voice data from OS X and/or macOS? Ever since Lion, the voices have been stored in /System/Library/Speech/Voices/name.SpeechVoice/Contents/Resources as a single file called PCMWave. The data structure looks identical to the Macintalk data for voices like Alex. I always assumed these were incrypted somehow. It gets even stranger as the high quality Siri voices appear to use a completely different structure. For example, the folder /System/Library/Speech/Voices/NickySiri.SpeechVoice/Contents/Resources contains lots of files with names like adat, eyrie, etc. These files appear to have no file extension. If I look at /System/Library/Speech/Voices/NickyCompact.SpeechVoice/Contents/Resources I find a PCMWave file. I know I'm running Sierra, but these voices have always been packaged in this way.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rocketboy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rocketboy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rocketboy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rocketboy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rocketboy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : st . mc via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector