Re: Vocalizer Siri Voices For JAWS or NVDA

I would like to clarify some Points which might bring confusion if not properly explained.

1. I did not get Vocalizer Expressive v2.1.0 to work with NVDA.
Yes, CodeFactory did, but I did not get, how they did it.
Point is that usually you have one Folder per language, not per voice.
When you look at Vocalizer 2 for JAWS, this rule still is in place, sadly the Commercial NVDA Driver doesn't care, if I remember right.

2. The nuan_platform.dll file found in the Driver from http://www.vocalizer-nvda.com seems to be incapable of cooping with Versions of ve.dll higher than v1.3.

3. You can get v1.3 voice files and the required DLL from any official Trial Versions of Dolphin Super Nova.

4. Vocalizer Expressive V1 for JAWS uses an older ve.dll, namely v1.1 and has less voices for JAWS 17 and older.

5. The voices offered on http://www.vocalizer-n vda.com are presumably v1.1 voices, but can be used with v1.3.
However, newer Versions of certain voices have more extra files, which the Vocalizer for NVDA product is excluding.

6. The Vocalizer For NVDA product has to my knowledge two voices which are different than the rest.
In their case These are the German voice Petra and the French voice Audrey. These Versions are bigger than their 1.3 variants and they are named differently.
According to several incomplete datasheets, there are supposed to be voices which can speak certain words of other languages directly.
This is supposed to mean that for example you could have a German voice read a German text with a sentence in English.
In theory the voice could speak that sentence in proper English and return to read German afterwards without having to perform a voice Switch for the part in a different language.

However since Tiflotecnia, Lda built a simplistic Driver, this secondary language spe aking Feature is impossible, especially if you are letting NVDA do the reading in MS Word for example.

I am assuming that a proper Vocalizer Distribution would have ist own program compared to TextAloud, which would let the user read text and possibly modify voice Parameters with Special tags, which obviously would not work if NVDA passes text to the TTS engine via a third rate custom made Interface...

Finally, I want to say, that it is possible to use a

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rocketboy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rocketboy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rocketboy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rocketboy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : st . mc via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector