Re: How to go about receiving recommendations?

Hi Tensoon welcome to the forum, ---- hopefully your not planning on assassinating and absorbing anyone round here big_smile.

the idea of the db is to provide some information. You can to an extent get an idea of who likes what by the number of users who vfavourite each thing, but in general I can see the problem.

As Iron cross said, sadly we're still waiting for that audio final fantasy game, though I can we have made some steps into the rpg field a little recently.

Manamon from Vgstorm is a good place to start for rpgs, think pokemon in audio. Paladin of the skies was their previous effort and while it has a few more holes than manamon it is a fun game to spend time with.

Entombed is also worth a try, think a dungeon crawler with lots of randomness, also if you have an IPhone I can't recommend King of dragon pass highly enough, everything from rpg and strategy to story.

Sadly I have heard the adventure to fate games are  requiring an update to Ios 10 which is a shame since if you like detailed turn based combat those would definitely be up your alley.

Another idea might be the smuggler series. These are a bit more problematic to play since they're actually graphical games that have had screen reader friendly text added to them, but they can be good fun, think turn based elite with professions, war and lots of other addons.

Stratogy wise we have several options. Sound rts was an attempt at audio Warcraft and while not as detailed is worth a play, you should also try time of conflict a modern stratogy game from Gma games, though that one is a bit more difficult to grasp.
There are then various more conventional board and card game options, in particular here I'm thinking of jungle chess from Blastbay.

If your a turn based battles fan you should also try crazy party. Half of the ga me is an arcade minigame Mario party style challenge, (which is surprisingly fun), however the other half is a ccg battle game with some rules based on pokemon. Though there is no actual story, there is lots of deck building and strategy and the chance to challenge others online in battles.

There was also recently a game called Echo quadrent, a turn based space management and exploration game which I have not added to the db yet, but which you can find out about in the new releases room.

Another place to look,for both strategy and rpgs is into the world of online and text games, since while in audio not as much is available there are some very good browser games and mmorpgs.

in the first category, puppet nightmares is highly worth a look, think evil twisted pokemon an anime type story about battling evil puppets and some adult aspects (puppet can go to the brothel to breed for example), also  more detailed Darkor, though bare in mind both of those might take a bit of doing with your screen reader.
Core exiles is also worth a play, an online turn based space management game.

Another possibility is what are called muds.

These are real time textual games played across the internet and usually take the form of rpgs. To play them you need a mud client such as vipmud from gmagames, and then you just connect text is sent from the mud to your screen, and occasionally used to activate sounds on your computer.One mud in particular, Alteraeon deserves a special mention since it has it's own custom sound based client and effectively enough sounds and music that it is virtually a full online audiogame worl, someone did describe it as the closest thing to accessible world of Warcraft, and while probably not that extreme it's worth a look.

Alteraeon though isn't the only mud out there (especially if your willing to play games with text), and other great muds exist too.

Some of my favourites include the p uzzle orientated Frandom, the combat heavy but still occasionally fun Erion, it's more serious big brother Aardwolf, and Cosmic rage, a great space based mud with full vehicle combat, alien races and lots of different activities.

So, lots of stuff to try out, hopefully this gives a bit of an overview and some ideas where to start.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.