Re: Survive the Wild Spoilers and Walkthroughs!

It really is quite simple. There are people who enjoy doing stuff on their own for the challenge. Then after they complete it they feel accomplishment, this being because they managed to do it on their own. Then on the other hand we have those who want to complete something just for the reward, not for the feeling of accomplishment. In the case of STW these people just want STW_points.

For those who just want stuff handed to them, then whatever, read spoilers, I really can't be bothered to care. The funniest thing is those same people will be complaining that there are no new quests a month from now. If you want stuff handed to you on a silver platter then go ahead, take it, nothing to stop you, that is your decision. There are people who have gotten good at the game, and who can figure out the maps and quests, those people, well most of them realize they spent allot of time figuring it out and will tell you to figure it out on your own. Even among the admins, we compartmentalized our own quests so we didn't spoil it for the other admins, that was even the case with most the new maps. So we would actually be able to play the game and explore and solve the new quests. Not all people are like this though, some just want the reward for free, that's their decision, and no one to live with but themselves. I could go on a nice long sideboard about how this extends into other things in life as well, but I don't really feel like it, so insert your own creative version of it here lol.

Write spoilers, read spoilers, do what you want, but then also expect to have a group of people who dislike it. It is all whatever, but don't expect people who actually worked to figure stuff out and complete it to agree that spoilers are a good thing. Most of these people, even when given the chance to be told how to do something they choose not to be told. It is simply a difference in personalities.

And to who said there are not spoilers on BSG, of course there are not, and there never will be.  It is to help people, not to hold their soft little hands through everything in a game. BSG is to give information, now you go do what you want with it to get better at a game, or to have fun in said game. And all I have to say is have fun completing one of the quests even with someone holding your hand every step of the way, it won't help you one bit, I created it and the map and died at least a dozen times trying it. another who had no clue about the map lost over 30 DFC and probably more since then. So yes, have lots and lots of fun, it is so difficult just for this reason, get good at the game, not get told how to do it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Smoke-J via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : conundrum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : braille0109 via Audiogames-reflector