Re: signatures disappeared?

Well as I said, you can certainly turn off displaying of sigs here if you want, I usually do for speed purposes.

As for advertising, well most members I believe use phrases, poetry or songs (mine is a couple of lines from a rather pretty 19th century poem),

Some people do  use their sigs as a convenient place for downloads of things they've done, eg their games if they are a dev, (one member has a link to a rather exceptional manamon walkthrough in his sig), however since those are usually things people probably would want to know about anyway it's not such a major problem, and if you don't like them you can always turn them off.