Re: jaws finding multiple arguements

It's easy to have an input box appear after pressing say ctrl shift f, which you can then type your three phrases separated by a delimiter, then split the three entries up and store them separately as global variables, which you can then use in say a find next script, the equivalent of F3.
It would also be very easy to then let you search for either of these three phrases using say ctrl1 for the first phrase, ctrl 2 for the second etc. But I appreciate that's not what you want and I can understand why. The thing I'm having difficulty with at the moment is getting it to search for the three different phrases all during the same search. Jaws does have the capability to search for this or that using I think a double vertical bar to represent or, so you could in theory tell it to search for John or Jane, but it's not coming to me straight away how best to go about achieving that when searching an entire screen of text.
And my biggest worry would be that s cripts have to be very reliable. You wouldn't want to be thinking the screen didn't contain the words you were searching for when in fact it was the script that was at fault. That's where a lot of real usage troubleshooting comes in. I'll spend a little more time on it later, and maybe Orko or someone else might have a neat solution. Like Orko says, you could even modify the ccurrent ctrl f and f3 scripts in the jaws default script file. They're called JawsFind and JawsFindNext. But I've looked at them, and I personally would have to completely rewrite/hijack them because I haven't a clue how they're going about their business. I have rewritten a couple of Jaws default scripts such as the time script and the mouse movement scripts so it's totally doable, but you definitely would want them infallible if you're going to replace the default search function.