Re: How do developers decide the prices of products?

For a long time, it's been a standard cultural practice to try and make prices sound less than they actually are. So instead of saying ten pounds, you say nine pounds ninety nine.

I remember once in the nineties one extremely stupid example on a tv advert said "yours for under eighty pounds, yes for only seventy nine ninety nine!"

I don't think anyone is actually ever really fooled by this at all, certainly for me it's become standard practice to round any price upwards, but the cultural tradition is now so ingrained that people can't seem to be able to stop doing it.

One of these silly occasions where the hole world has rather thoughtlessly adopted corporate insanity and the belief that customers are idiots almost unconsciously.