Re: How do developers decide the prices of products?

One that gets me is where you have had a trusted product or company which has existed for a long time and which people remember, but which goes bankrupt due  all the scummy modern business practices,  then the name is bought up by some completely different company who proceed to sell products with that old license which have bugger all to do with the quality or standard the company used  to have, indeed  they're often an entirely different manufacturer supplier and over all  which some cheapo outfit is trying to flog as the original.

It  happened a few years  in the Uk with a famous chocolate maker called Thorntons. Thorntons used to be a very good quality brand, indeed we used to have them every Christmas and a friend of mine used to buy their cakes. #
However the company went bust in the recession and was purchiced by a completely different manufacturer, now their chocolate is cheap, nasty and has bugger all to do with the orig inal accept the name.

heck, this is happening a lot with confections and grosseries at the moment, especially as  businesses are going the way of the dinosaur and everything is getting to the stage where it's owned by a very few companies who can skimp on the quality of everything since they're the only outfit in town and  customers have no choice but to deal with them.

Actually it's getting frighteningly like the history detailed in 1984, though with corporate self interest and the elusion of a "free market" (one of the greatest   oxymorons in the English language) rather than a totalitarian state.

still I'm thinking that "freedom is slavery" and "war is peace are becoming rather frightening truths of the way the world currently works, especially  the intrinsic double think of most advertising.

As I said, we're a pretty crappy species over all.