Re: A shocking and depressing news!

@Tjt, one of the most critical problems with depression is that  it interferes with a person's logic since it is essentially irrational.

For example, a person withh depression cannot say "well someone else has bene able to do x so I will be able to do x" because having depression means that you see yourself as intrinsically worse than someone else. You would say "someone else has been able to do x but I cannot because I am so much more worthless than that other person"

Usually with depression you have to approach things rather sideways in ways that deal with said depression. Eg "I cannot do x so I will do y" or "I cannot do x now so I will do x later"

so, while the positive reinforcement is appreciated, I suspect Shrike will need to deal  with where he is now before he can take advantage of it.

For instance before trying to work on hugely new skills in a public environment, try private ones?
He ll this is where playing games and persisting with them can help, since not only does one learn new skills through games playing (it was Kodp that taught me how to use vo on ios), but also when things are really! bad, very cerebral, logic based games can help a great deal.