Re: BrailleSense Polaris out

I do not think that any of the blindness type companies that are work on products such as the braille sense and or the braille note touch fully care when it comes to security. I am betting that they are more worried about getting a working product out. Add to that, the design of the products are specialized when it comes to the use of said products. I do not know exactly how much goes to the specialized functions of said products, but the choice of android, while sounding good at first, will come back around and haunt them. I wonder if someone will hack a braille sense in front of one of these representatives and if said hacking would have them become more security aware. You do raise a really good point over all serrebi. I will not argue with that. On the other hand, if they are watching these main stream products, they will see that some of these main stream products are not being kept up-to-date. When they see that, they may not see a good reason to stay on the latest android a nd they may also have limited programmer  power and or time here. Plus, how many do you know, that buys this products, thinks about being hacked? Yes, it is a problem, but I am betting that they will not fix it until they see it as a problem.