Re: Installing Windows 7 pro 64bit

I successfully installed windows on my laptop without sighted assistance, hooray. Great to know narrator can be used during set up, even if it's almost unbearable to use smile.
The only downside has been that my laptop is considerably slower to boot now it has 64bit. It used to take about 30 secs, now it's over a minute. And it seems really slow when installing programs. Think I'll be restoring it to the old system from a backup, but the main objective was to see if I could do a clean install. My desktop was a little slower to boot after installing 64bit too, but it still is under 25 secs so that's okay. Don't know why 64 is slowing things down. I'd hate to see what this laptop would boot like with a good anti-virus running. It'd probably take about 2 minutes to start.