Re: Blindcraft release, is it possible?

Hi,
@shotgunshell: thank you for review. smile True is, that I wanted to write to Microsoft, hovever on the end of development, when will be clear if release will or will not to be.

If you like the concept of game, I guess you heared the recording, it may be good new to you and all other mc fans, that it is just a half of feelings, which Blindcraft should to offer. Or quarter, because survival mode is not presented yet, that will be in third recording. Hovever survival and creative mode and all similarities with mc are only half as I sayd, I will describe why.

As someones probably know, I consider Swamp to be the best game ever created. Why? Because when I am walking Swamp maps, running on the streets, hiding behind buildings, clearing theyr interiers, I feel as in reality. I am absolute free, can look everywhere, go everywhere as in real world without limitations. Rtr is similar to it, hovever it haven't that good maps like in Swamp, sorry Gorthalon, but it's true for me. Hovever that's not important. As I sayd, I feel as in reality when walking in the zombified swamp city, with mouse of course, I can not imagine this kind of game without it.

Next, after some time stw was released. With its simulated 3d environment and actions like cutting down trees and cooking fishs on hand-crafted fire, I though it will be better than swamp. Hovever it wasn't. Why? Because i have not feeled as in reality. limited to general 4 directions, north, east, south and west to go i feeled as on a large chessboard instead of a real world. It was too accurate to real world, too regular. Of course, you can turn in full 360 degrees, hovever, for me this was thatlike inpractical, that I refuted to use it, especially when compass was needed to know directions. Sighted persons do know where is infront, back, left and right without needing of have compas s, so why I need to have one in game? Avoiding fact, that 5 seconds to get your facing is far from reality of course. The same situation came in Redspot, it was too limited to general 4 directions, again because of inpractical degree turning, so it was again more than game like reality.

As you know from recording, Blindcraft do need accuracy. Blind player do need it when building his house, he need to have splitted space in his head to small blocks, so he knows, where to place next block. You probably heared, that I was using general 4 directions in Bc too, when I recorded building of my house. Hovever I don't want to make Blindcraft only like this. This is good for building, not for real playing. For that reason I decided to combine best things from STW and Swamp in Blindcraft, and create game which do have both sides, world splitted to blocks good for building, hovever also free part, for example mobs killing where you can forget that there are some blocks, run freely n avigated with you mouse and kill what goes under your sword, or what is shootable with your bow, like in Swamp, absolute freedom, which with inaccuracy gives feelings like in reality. Of course, there is one problem and that is you can unlike in Swamp fall from escarpment because of full 3D space, hovever I have solution for this already which do not needs looking with camera, what is very unrealistic because it reminds you regularity I think.

I hope it was understandable, I tried to describe what I feel when playing as best as I can with my english. smile
I am not promising anything, doing something like it never helped me, I am just saying how I want Blindcraft to be like, what I want try to do and if I finish it, what is not sure, you can judge how successful it was.

And that's all for now, thank you for reading, I am going to sleep now.

Best regards

Rast islav