Re: developers and empty promises

I've seen something like this too many times to count. The promises made weren't accessibility oriented, but after a while it becomes clear that the promises were made as a tactic to garner any funding they can with no real intention to keep those promises. The up and down side of this is that a developer can only pull this deception only once because after that people begin to become wise to the lie and won't support them anymore.

Case in point is Steam Punk Neverland and Watch Tower Chronicles, how many of you prepaid or reserved your copies before it was released and are still waiting for them after more than a year? At this point do you really expect to get the games you paid for?

And how about all those unfinished stories out there? Games where you only got the first chapter with promises of the rest of the story to come later, and then the developer quits the audio game market leaving us with just the first chapter. Examples include, Chillingham, T ime Adventures, Blindside, etc.

The feeling is that developers think that we are such a small part of the over all market that even if we all raised our voices in protest, nobody would hear us. So they get away with it.

I myself avoid the whole question by not funding any kickstarter or go fund me campains or anything along those lines and don't preorder anything. I just wait patiently for the product to become available, then buy it if I decide I want it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : harrylst via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : harrylst via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : harrylst via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hamada via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : slender via Audiogames-reflector