Re: for raspberry pi users, what do you do with them?

Hi,

so, that's what i'm currently doing with my several Raspberry Pi models.
1. Providing a cheap and easy to set up solution to easily access data centralized in a network from every device possible. It's mainly a NAS, but a very simple one, since it should only be able to store data on an external 3.5 HDD and play it back via SMB and UPNP/DLNA to enable the TV to watch series directly over WiFi. I'm running OpenMediaVault (OMV) for this purpose. It's not the best accessible distro out there, but the interface can be navigated well enough to configure it so it works without any more configuration. It can be accessed via SSH which enables you to do almost everything else directly.
2. A TV Server which centralizes several USB TV Connectors (Sattelite and cable), including HD TV support, and manages recording all my favourite series/films directly from TV and storing them until I want to process them even further. It allows me to watch TV ove r WiFi and over the internet from several locations, not even from my home PC. I'm using the OpenELEC distribution here with a DVBLink Server set-up on top. This setup only requires some configuration on start and runs and runs and runs forever without any problem.
3. Package-building for Raspberry-based packages. A simple Minibian distribution with all build-essentials and more installed which I use to compile and distribute several raspberry-based linux packages. I'm using Minibian here because I don't need any graphical interface, and since Raspbian is rather big compared to the 150 MB Minibian which only assembles a SSH interface and some minimal tools, it's totally fine and there probably aren't alot distributions which are smaller or more performant.
Best Regards.
Hijacker