Re: What methads do you use for cooking and cutting food?

For cooking, I use the microwave most of the time, and a toaster oven for the rest, with a few exceptions.

For steaks, I use a George Foreman grill, since I live alone, I have one that a 6 inch boneless rib eye fits on nicely. If you haven't gotten one yet and plan to, I highly recommend you get one with removeable plates, it makes clean up far easier.

I also have an air fryer, but haven't found what works best in it, most of what I've tried could have been done better using the toaster oven.

For cutting food at the dinner table I use a fork to determine the size and shape and from that the best way to cut off a bite. Mostly I do OK but if I start getting frustrated, I'll ask a family member to cut it up for me. My father usually volunteers before any one else can, unless we're already at the table, then the family member closest to me does it.

Over time and with practice I get better and better to the point that now it's rare for me to need help.

Also, no matter how fancy the setting, I am not shy about using my fingers when I feel it's needed. If anyone objects, I simply ask them if they need a blindfold. That usually settles the matter rather promptly.