Re: Fixing a cane? Help!!!

This happened to me. Not sure how good a job I'll be able to do of explaning how I fixed it because it was a couple of years ago, but here goes. It requires a couple of tools that you might not have but I'll describe it anyway. I separated the cane at the section at the handle end, and stretched the elastic as much as I could to create some slack, then gripped it with either a pair of vice grips, or a small vice. This stopped the elastic from pulling on the end that was stuck. I then poked a long thin screwdriver down the section of the cane where the elastic was stuc,, pushing it out the end where I could get hold of it.