Re: Materia Magica 4.6 changelog

Materia Magica is one of the most complex muds I've come across in my search for entertaining muds. I'm definitely going to check this out at some point though right now I'm stuck with a hellmoo spree that's lasted for several months. In fact I'm going to do a demo at some point to draw people to it and show that it's far more than sex and drugs.
But back to MM, the boss fights are ... so fucking awesome, and one of my favourite parts about it. Also how the world is just one big piece is also something I like, the things make sense with each other unlike in a lot of  other places where you'll have several builders working on separate projects and while the individual areas are good there's no cohesiveness (yes, I'm looking at you, Alter Aeon)

Materia Magica also has more user created info than anything else I've ever seen. I don't have the sources available on hand due to migrating from one machine to another, but there're several user made websites that contains articles and lists.
One of the most substancial ones have several tools like the obvious character builder, another one to keep track of when boats come and go to various places, keeping track of moons (since magic depends on this) and the wandering sidhe (the name of a tavern that moves location). It also has an extensive database of pretty much every item, npc and quest there is. So I'll come back in a bit and update you on what this site is, and would strongly advice using it if you're struggling with autoquests. Just search the database for the quest keyword, make sure the heading matches the quest ID too, and read the info. Not everything is accurate since things have changed, but 90 percent or more should be.
Some things are also tracked live from the game itself, which is just insane.
The quests does get a little harder at class 2, what with new areas and changing time limits. If I remember ri ght Lord Agrippa for class 1 is very forgiving with his time, and usually allows several hours gametime to go.
It's a challenge but completely doable. Just not a big fan of how you literally have to do 10000000000000 quests to get what you want. The grinding system there is absolutely fucking horrifying, but it might be worth it to explore things I have not.
So hellmoo, yeah ... it's the perfect balance between grinding, but it comes with it's own set of issues of which I will outline in my upcoming demonstration.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector