Re: Lost and Hound Demo - Rescue Dog RPG for the sighted and blind alike

Well I think you should be able to set graphics to what you need.
My 1gb graphics card rendered the old game just fine.
The newer system I will get will have double that at least it will be nvidia as supposed to this old outdated amd but other than that, and an ssd for programs a faster processer and 32gb ram as well as win10 it will be the same.
However maybe there should be settings for different things, or maybe the game should also set a recomended setting for what card you have.
If you have a gaming grade card or a card which has the required memmory and updated drivers, etc you will be fine but if you have an internal intergrated crappy one or that if you don't have the right whatever, you should get a message explaining this and have the game go to simple graphics or something like this.
Maybe even have set in the recomended requirements that a videocard with 1gb ram is prefured with updated drivers.
That would rule out a lot of bog standa rd units, but even on the normal non gaming or systems with no video ram as such the game could run with simple graphics only, no effects, no 3d, no nothing just simple block graphics or something.
This game is not really for those with intergrated chips.
I always try to get a newer type of card.
Sadly amd last year before I upgraded my card in one of the desktops updated their chipset tech meaning a bunch of cards including my one, pluss another card I own no longer have driver updates, with the driver update out for legacy hardware being beta and quite buggy.
A lot of series and models with old tech were outed.
For those of us with beta drivers from 2016 that are not blind we may get crashes the better driver for us is from 2015 but then we won't be able to run the latest games on our boxes.
But that is life.
It may end up though that we need an option so the game does not run graphics at or or even tries to find a video card, I wouldn' t go as far as to split the game to an audio  version for the blind as it would defeat the process and mean you probably would have to maintain another game in something like python or bgt or something and we shouldn't have our program and their program anymore anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector