Re: Great article from Killer Instinct developer

dd wrote:
zq_audio wrote:
dd wrote:

Nice article. A little OT, but I just wish that the list of music states was a little more complete, lol there are still sections that I can't figure out here and there, but they're definitely not any of the named ones in that article.

Heya dd, what questions did you have about the music states?

Really it's just one particular state that slightly baffles me at the moment, like it's not part of the general track that plays when the fight starts, and it's not the idle, high damage/big combo or danger states but there still seems to be a specific trigger for it.
Using Maya's theme as an example because that's actually where I first noticed it, there's a distinct section where the track actually changes key for a couple bars, then comes back down.
Hopefully that makes sense, lol I'm not the best at explaining things. This game's audio is still my personal favorite though out of every fighter I play.

So, that's more than likely still the NORMAL state.  Even though that is classified as a single state, we still construct it like a full song, so there are verses, riffs, bridges, and interludes in there...so a NORMAL state can actually consist of 12-15 sections of music that are stitching together on the fly; but they can be interrupted by a different state that also has several sections (COMBO state, for example).  It's a surprising amount of content for one character theme.  We basically wanted it to feel like it constantly evolves.

Hope that helps!
-zq

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zq_audio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JCion via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zq_audio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JCion via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector