Re: nostalgia: all the things I miss very deeply and will continue to miss

Hmm, for me it would be the apple IIGS I would play on in elementary school, the damn braille 'n speaks, though I don't know why, I always liked them, even though a $2 calculator from today could probably outstrip it as far as processing power. I miss when I moved out of my mom's and into my dad's when I was 13. He taught me how to do the things you need to do, like cook, laundry, etc. All that stuff, which I know some sighted people couldn't even do when I went up to college, well I could. I miss the showers on the back porch because our bath tub was shit, and he didn't have the money to fix it for a while, so we had this long host clamped up to the kitchen sink, slung over the clothesline and we'd shower in the evening. I'd turn on that water, walk out there, and just bask in the hot water, but with the cool air on me. Doing that in the winter was the best feeling ever. I miss actually getting up and getting ready for school, standing ther e on a cold morning, just the scent of that crisp, cold air. My dad was out of the house by 3:45, since he'd have to go in early to work to supervise the guys loading up and stuff, so it was up to me to get myself up and ready and out the door to the bus. I miss walking into school every morning, going right to that soda machine and buying a mountain dew code red, just savoring it. I miss some of the meals from school, even though that sounds completely crazy, I'd kill to eat that again. I miss hanging around with friends at college, hanging at the pool or at the hot tub on campus, drinking. I even miss walking the 3 miles round trip to get groceries. Even the worst of it when it would be winter, and by the time I got home, my fingers were so cold and numb I couldn't even get them to clamp tight enough to  get the key out of my pocket. I miss playing basketball with my friends when I was a little kid. Riding my cousin's bike because it was a girl bike and di dn't have the nut busting crossbar like mine did, also hers had better braes, and the front one would grab so good, you'd do a stoppie. I miss all the devilish shit I used to do like play with fire, steal cookies from the ala carte line at the school cafeteria, etc. I miss the care free days where all I had to worry about is keeping my grades up. Yeah there's a lot of it, but whenever you get a glimpse of it, its never as good as you remember, so its better to just let those lie, and move on with your life, because trying to relive old memories will only disappoint.