Re: The Future and past of audio games

How they got started is simpler to answer... but where they are going is harder to say. It depends on the community, whether all the current developers are actually willing to cooperate with one another, or whether we'll be having one or two man teams who just develop small little games every now and then. An ideal situation would see more people following in the footsteps of Out of sight Games, banding together with third parties and introducing them to the idea... but few other people seem to be up for that challenge. As I see it, A Hero's call is going to be the biggest step we've taken in probably 5 or 6 years. so where we will go depends on what happens after that game comes out... if more people don't foolow that example, we will never take steps forward to catch up to even the mainstream indie game quality standard and will be given repeats of more side scrollers, space invaders or point and shoot games that call themselves high quality fps titles.