Re: Empire Mud: A misguided Admin is the cause of my departure

I can't speak on the initial situation, but I will say I have had my own bad experience of the empire mud admins which is one reason I've not been back to the game despite the crafting and such sounding really interesting.
this was when I was starting, spent literally two hours wandering the map trying to find a free space for my empire and asked for help, when I received none I asked if there was something I was missing in the rules since it seemed odd that the game had no way of finding space, whereupon the admin gave me a private communication and quite severely told me off for complaining about the game on public channels.

not the sort of newbie experience that encourages me to play more of the game.
In  fairness this was with version 1 of the game which didn't have a newbie island and had a much smaller map with many more players and I doubt I would have the same problem again, however after getting a yelling at for being a new player I wasn't precisely encouraged to continue trying.

It also stands out being as I've been a newbie on many an online  game (hence why there are so many in the db), but I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I've had that sort of nasty response (usually game admins tend to be very welcoming of new players).

In fairness though anyone can have a bad day, actually I do need  try empire mud out and give it a proper db page since whatever else it does have extremely good screen reader interaction.