Re: Restricted/new users: introduce yourself!

Greetings everyone.  I am WintergreenKitty. So, I suppose for my introduction, I will just disclose a few basic things regarding who exactly I am, how I managed to find my way here, and what my intentions are as a member of this community.  Alright, well first of all, I am a sighted 29 year old Twitch.tv livestreamer based in the U.S..  I have played pro-level competitive Pokemon since Gen1 (the Red/Blue/Yellow versions).  I also played pro-level competitive Dark Souls for a little over six and a half years (though that is less relevant to why I am here).

Now, in regards to how I ended up here, on Audiogames.net.  I've actually known of this forum for quite some time.  I have a friend who is, for all intents and purposes, blind (he has very little usable vision to work with).  He is quite interested in the wonderful world of gaming, but alas, due to his visual limitations, he is only able to play audio-based games.  I have actuall y stopped by this forum a couple times over the years, to see what offerings are out there that fit his needs (to varying levels of mild to moderate success).  However, this time around, I was very pleasantly surprised, with the discovery of Manamon.  Not only was my friend absolutely ecstatic about the prospect of an extremely high quality game that is accessible to him, but also, quite honestly, I myself have gotten more play-value out of the demo of this game than I have gotten from a large majority of Tripple-A publisher released games I've paid 60+ U.S. dollars for in these recent years.

Finally, the section regarding my intentions here will be a bit more abridged.  I will be making a more detailed post where it will have a much higher chance of being seen by my target audience (a.k.a. on the Manamon thread).  However, one thing that I will mention here is that, in light of recent discoveries, I am very interested in incorporating audio-based game s into my livestream broadcast schedule.  I am quite impressed with how far these kind of games have come, and honestly, with games like Manamon, I feel like there is so much untapped potential here that can truly blossom if only more awareness was brought to this field.  Manamon is an excellent competitive-oriented game in design, and I honestly believe that, with a few tweaks and additions, it truly has the potential to go toe-to-toe with Pokemon in regards to eSports-level competitive game-play and balance.  I am also interested in any additional suggestions others my have of games I may want to consider adding to my livestream.  Now, I mean this in the nicest way possible, and certainly intend no disrespect here, but I am looking for games that are of comparable level of quality to Manamon. By that, I mean I need games that have a fair amount of longevity to them that I can really get invested in; not so much something I can polish off in a day or so, and tha t's really all it has to offer.  Again, there is a lot more to put in this section, but I think I'll just save that for my posts in the Manamon thread.

For anyone who would wish to contact me outside of this forum to discuss audio game suggestions, or for any other reason, please, feel free to do so.  You can find me on Twitch, Steam, Skype, or pretty much any other service out there under WintergreenKitty. Until very recently, I was actually known under a different handle, however, due to some copyright issues, I ended up having to re-brand (I originally never really expected anyone all too important to take notice of my channel, so my previous channel name wasn't exactly copyright-friendly).  That being said, I am in a situation where I am essentially rebuilding a new Twitch.tv channel from scratch.  So hey, what better time to change it up and add new content than right now, am I right? hahaha

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : michaelklier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : lee . hobbs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : bobbates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : bobbates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : charmdatemes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : millerd16 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : WintergreenKitty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : GameCoder via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : Gypsy Magician via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : GameCoder via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : gewihogu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : Thork via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : bogqar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Introduce Yourself to Gain Access : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector