Re: a few killer instinct questions

I'll try and clarify how the Combo Assist Mode (CAM) works in terms of KI, hopefully this helps answer your question.

Normally, to initiate a combo, you do a special or normal and then a special move (i.e. f+hk into QCB+lp) or QCB+HP into QCB+mp.  Either would start your combo.

With CAM enabled, you then have the option rather than the above method, to press, as I think you've discovered, normal into f+normal to start a combo.

The inputs, as far as the game is concerned, are the same whether your combo looks like this:
"F+hk qcb+lp"
or like this
"f+hk F+Lp"

The game doesn't care what you do, as long as the moves connect properly.  If you're spamming, a common issue among new players (myself included initially), you should train yourself to break the habbit of pressing the same buttons over and over again (i.e. f+hk f+mp mp mp mp etc).  Varying your button presses even with the initial opening move (i.e. f+hk Lp hp mp lp etc) allows for less chance for your opponent to break your combos (which the AI will certainly do on higher difficulty levels).

The point of learning special moves is partly down to personal preference, but also allows for more advance tech like flipout to be applied.  In Jago's case (not all characters have flipout), you'd do acb+HP as your ender, then at the right time (which comes through practice) perform qcb+lp which allows, if timed well, a mixup to be performed so your opponent has to guess.

Hope this helps and I'll be happy to answer any other questions you have.  As for enders, with Jago that's relatively straightforward.  You have 4 enders - Windkick (wallsplat), laser sword (launch ender), fireball (meter) and uppercut (damage ender).

I'd be happy to clarify how these work as best I can should you need it.  Keep up the training and glad you're enjoying the game.