Re: Ordering Grocerys

When I lived in Chicago I used Peapod and loved them, you did all your grocery shopping online, then during checkout you could pick the day and time you wanted your groceries delivered, earliest being the next day. You could tip the driver directly or add it to how much they charge your card. You have to sign for the groceries but it's just a paper form and the driver will show you where to sign.

Now I'm in Florida and wishing very hard that Peapod would expand down here.

I found instacart's website unusable, when I got to the page where you put in your delivery address, all the screen reader could see on the web page was a single line of text. I tried several times using different screen readers, but always got the same result.

I also looked at ShipT but at the time all they had was an inaccessible smart phone app. While a smart phone app will work, personally, I find a web site far easier to use and more convenient.

My brother tells me that the store he shops at, Safe Way, has delivery, but since I haven't looked into it yet, can't report on it.

So, for now, I just walk to a near by Publix and one of their employees will go around the store with me to find the things I want or need. Publix is always advertising how customer service is their number one priority, but honestly, the service I got from an Albertsons store that is now closed puts Publix's customer service to shame.

Right now, I still have some light perception, but as that slowly deteriorates, I find myself less and less willing to go walking around outside and will have to either start using a cab to go grocery shopping, or find grocery delivery in Florida that works for me.