Re: Game ideas!

I honestly need to agree with blackbird here. One lesson I learned while designing games is you should at least have, apart from having an idea for the game, have another idea on how the previous idea will work. Confusing? What I mean is, lets say I was building a fighting game. I could sit down and start writing one, but the actual show stopper is how I want the system to work, because it needs to be fun, yet balanced at the same time, so the majority of my time isn't struggling with programming. Its countless hours of planning, more planning, and yes, you guest it, even more planning till I have the design thought out, then its to the coding part, which at least for me is the easy part. So its not a matter of you not having ideas, its a matter of you needing to think how you want them to work before taking the keyboard and writing them into actual code.

  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: kamochek
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: ghost rider
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: danny
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: kamochek
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: ghost rider
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: ammericandad2005
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: BlackBird
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: ammericandad2005
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: kamochek
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: CAE_Jones
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: danny
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: CAE_Jones
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: BlackBird
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: articuno