Re: Should I give up?

Hi.

I know this isn't what most blind people want to hear and that most disagree with this way of living but are there payments you can get for being disabled?

I'd go for that if I were you. I mean, if you've tried all you can then isn't that a good option?

Perhaps you don't have a job but at least you're getting payed something a month to put towards what you want, be that paying rent to your families or buying a new laptop.

It's what I do and i'm not ashamed of it.

I'm not lazy but I can't be bothered to get a job. I was told from a young age that no one would hire me and from that day onwards, jobs just haven't interested me. I completely understand that i've got it easy in this way but honestly I don't care. If we'd go back to the way of grades not mattering that much, just as long as you could do the job, i'd probably be interested but in order to get a job you need good if not great grades.

SO for now, i'm happy living the way I am.

Is that an option that both of you could take? If so, why not try going down that road for a while and if you feel that it's not for you and that you need a job, then at least you have something to fall back on while you're looking, right?