Re: Why I am 100 percent against schools for the blind

I think it really depends on the school and the student. My mother attempted to put me in mainstream school when I was little, and that school didn't know what to do with me. Maybe things are different now. That was in the late 80's, early 90's. I know nothing about any other blind schools other than the one I attended, so my view is a bit biased. My school does attempt to teach students how to be independent, so when you say most students of blind schools don't do anything for themselves, that really isn't always the fault of the school. Sometimes it's the personality of the student or how the student was raised at home.

Are you against deaf schools as well for similar reasons? Should deaf children also be lumped together with everyone else?