Re: SoniFight v1.0 now available

SirBadger wrote:

I still can't get sf4 to read menus either and I'm pretty sure they're in English although I can't see them to verify that. I wonder if the cheep key I got was for a foreign version or something? I'd have thought it would default to what ever language your computer, or steam it's self is set for though.

Hi there,

Unfortunately I'm not sure why it's not working for you while the SF4 menus are sonified for me. If you're definitely using the Steam version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition and have the version with English menus running this is a weird one.

If you get the in-game warnings about "health low", "clock 50" and so on then at least irrKlang is loading correctly and is able to play those samples. If you do NOT get those in-game prompts then the only thing I can suggest is that if you go into the bin\x86 folder of your SoniFight release and directly run the command:

SoniFight_x86.exe > log.txt

Then, with SF4 running, start the SF4 config in sonifight, give it a couple of seconds and then click the Stop Running Config in SoniFight. At this point it might error with a 'pure virtual function' pop-up box, that's okay for now - just click okay and close down SoniFight.

Finally, go and look at the log.txt file which will have been created in the same directory as the SoniFight_x86.exe binary. Towards the bottom you should find the following text that indicates the irrKlang library has started up successfully:

Sonification stopped.
irrKlang sound library version 1.5.0
Loaded plugin: ikpflac_32.dll
Loaded plugin: ikpmp3_32.dll
Using DirectSound8 driver

There will probably be a couple of repeats of the irrKlang stuff because internally we use a couple of a different SoundEngine instances for various types of samples (InGame, InMenu, Continuous etc). If that irrKlang information saying that we've recognised the library, the flac and mp3 decoder plugins and that we have a valid sound driver isn't there, then that will be the source of the problem.

If it is there, then I'm afraid I'm at a loss and can only suggest you put the following pointer chain into the Pointer Chain Tester when connected to the SSFIV process:

DD6E8, F4, 2E4, 70, 170, 18C

Then select String (UTF-16) in the Data Type dropdown and see what happens to the Value field in the chain tester app as you move up and down the SF4 main menu. If it's showing garbage instead of 33-character long snippets of English then that will be the cause and it's likely you somehow have a different version of the SSFIV executable to the one I developed the config for (like perhaps an international version).

Hope this helps!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mojsior via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mojsior via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindJedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Game Man via Audiogames-reflector