Want to play a Kidnapping Simulator?

Hello! I'm Lucas Wooleyhand and I'm also from the University of Baltimore taking a class on audio-only games. My game in particular is a Kidnapping Simulator. Essentially, the player is kidnapped and while in the car being taken to the kidnapper's hideout you have to listen for different environmental cues by moving left and right in the car. If you move around too much the kidnappers will yell and threaten you to stay still. Once the car stops you'll have to guess where they've taken you.

There are still a few quirks and bugs to this but I hope you'll give it a try. A few things to know: There is a non-visual main menu with play, options, and quit buttons. However, most of the volume options haven't been fully set up yet so there shouldn't be a noticeable difference in sound even if you use the different options. While there is a main menu, there is not a pause menu yet, so once you start the game you're in until you either win, get a game over, or manually exit the program. Winning or losing will take you back to the main menu.

In the menus WASD or the arrow keys will move you up and down (or left and right if you're using the volume options). Once in the game A and D or the left and right arrow keys will move you left and right in the car.

Please let me know if you run into any problems and I hope you'll give it a try!

Here's a link to a zipped folder with the executable and project data:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d1A9Jm … sp=sharing