Re: Treasure Islands

Just a miner correction it isn't true that we have no space trading games, we even have some single player ones. It is! true we have no spaceship games that work in real time with an actual flight sim style navigation system, or even a 2d arcade navigation system ala treasure islands. Hell we don't even have a tie fighter  complex space shooter since all the space based arcade games we have tend to be of the space invaders variety.

In terms of trading, there are the smugglers games which are turn based and very cool for their theme and combat, but less free form in the way you progress (I love the missions, stories etc, but the trading is rather secondary), there is then traders of known space by valiant galaxy associates which is great as far as it goes, but basically functions like a board game albeit a randomly generating one.

So a game with some action elements in navigation plus trading and ship upgrades would rock, I've heard loads about elite and have friends who are huge fans, but due to too much text I've never been able to play it, even though the original probably did have simple enough graphics for my vision to cope.

I also however love the idea of a dungeon keeper style game, especially because the notion of playing an evil wizard breeding nasty monsters, expanding my evil dungeon with traps and  hazards, and squashing those pesky heroes quite appeals to me big_smile.