Re: 6 Swords - Fantasy Adventure game for Amazon Echo

Thank you for such positive comments!

Sadly the skill is currently not in the German store. I wish it was. And I've set it up so that it can be localized. So far all I've done is change the names to Indian names in the India geography. There's a lot of text in 6 Swords and we've yet to make money on it, so we don't have a budget for translation. Also it is a moving target. There is still content being added weekly, which means I'd have to have a translator on hand.

Starlanes is supported, but is in maintenance mode. I'd really like to get back to it. But it really needs to have the audio interface updated with a lot of stuff we've learned since we first did it. Right now we have limited resources and are devoting our time to 6 Swords. Your continued interest is good to hear, though. We're looking for funding and it helps us to point out that there is interest in it.

Inventory management is a problem. I've seen that some users have a ton of stuff in their inventory and I've been struggling with a good design to let you view it. I did change it recently so that it only tells you the top items in your inventory, and you can then use "more" to page through them. I know this isn't adequate. But I'm stuck for ideas to make it better.

I have to think of a way to let you call up information on objects and the like. Hmm. I just added a ticket based on some other feedback to add a "where" function, so you could say "where am I', or "where is the nearest village". Let me add a ticket for a "what" function. So you can say "what is a potion of speed" or "what is a goblin". That might also cover what the magical effects on weapons do. Hmm. I could also have it so if you have any of the object in question, it tells you how many you have. That gives a sort of inventory search idea.

The Bardic College is kind of fun, isn't it? I'm not sure how much longer it will be there. The fellow who created the service (the author of The Magic Door skill) very generously has let me use it for free for November and December. In January we're going to see what sort of price we can work out that covers his costs, and fits in my budget. My aim has been, when the game is good enough, to have certian features be "premium" features, and charge a small monthly fee. (There will always be a totally free version though!) That would cover stuff like this. Depending on what price model we come up with, the Bardic College might have to go away for a while.

Human monsters are a good idea. The mechanics for the game are based on OSRIC a sort of open source version of first edition Dungeons and Dragons. The monster list did have all sorts of human monsters in it, but I took them out for simplicity. But it's easy enough to add them in. I've created an issue to track this. I may even get it in this week's update.

As for other gods, I'm pleased to say they are already there! The beta world has a non-procedural geography based on a series of fantasy novels I have written. There are regions with distinct cultures and gods. In addition to Roman, historical religions represented area Aztec, Indian, Babylonia, American Indian, Celtic, Japanese, Norse, Finnish and Egyptian. Fantasy religinos represented are Lizard Man, Gnome, Dwarvish, Halfling, Elvish and one from my novels. For historical religions still worshiped, I have created gods inspired by the historical gods rather than the actual gods, so as to not give offense.

If you go due east from Veritas (the big city near the start) you can find a Tri-Form arch which will lead you to the beta area. There are some fun new features there, but some are still a little half baked.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cyco via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cyco via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector