Re: Monthly chat January 2018

@Aaron, by depressing news I didn't mean anything specific, however listening to the news today My lady and I both noted that it was pretty much universally grim, fires, floods, political unrest, more people killed etc, of course we also have had one or two miner mishaps which when put together are a pain to deal with, which, combined with the news doesn't exactly make for a hopeful way to start a new year.

@Orco, sorry to hear about your brother, that is a right pain. I haven't run across this Aira service. At the moment my lady and I do use a service from guide dogs over here with the silly name of "my guide" which  signing up for volunteers to come and help with specific things, eg, helping with my lady's  shopping and helping me take Reever for an off leed free run since I'm a little paranoid about her getting lost. other than that we're mostly okay for general stuff, though I might have to employ my friend as a research  assistant again to help out  the epilogue I've been deputed to right for my doctorate (when will the blasted thing be finished!), so I definitely get the issue of finding someone for assistance who will be actually helpful, also for my lady and I there is an element of trying not to rely on my parents too much as well since while they're quite willing to do stuff, it is a little difficult to  34 years old and still! have your parents dictate your time table.

On the one hand, yesterday was really nice. My brother and his now fiance enjoyed what we got them ( included a trip to the executive lounge next time they go off flying, and two engraved tumbler style glasses with a dragon and unicorn), also we got a few nice things for extra christmas, including a rather cool Dr. who doormat showing the Tardis which says "it's bigger on the inside", and even a fidgit spinner each (which Is on my desk right now and which I can't help fiddling with).

on the other hand, my victor xtreem broke again! this being the third time in a year and needs to go back (I'm just hoping they don't find a way of weezeling out of the guarantee), a blip in our savings meant after paying for the Iphone 8  I was seriously out of cash, and we also need some new speakers too, and if we're going  get new quad speakers, again I'll be raiding the savings to get a half way decent set.

So many things to sort out, much of which is financial. This is why i've not bought a hero's call yet, though when i told my mum I hadn't she proceeded to give me some money and tell me to get on with it which was nice, so hopefully I'll get to play it soon.

Sadly today I also have to finish trying to sort out my Iphone 8's home button trouble (I might do this by playing  a dark room), and begin fixing up my lady's laptop which has just been upgraded to windows 10, but for which i'll need to sort a copy of office, shortcuts etc.

Oh, and also the stupid uni library are giving me burocratic merry hell about trying to borrow research materials, which I again! need to try and sort out.

God I wish people would stop systemetising to the point of insanity!

So nothing that terrible, but lots of small, mildly annoying things, hopefully though they'll be fixed sooner or later, and it will be nice to get back on track with my Iphone (I'm actually quite looking forward to continuing the Samurai Hyuga games).