Re: Monthly chat January 2018

Well I got a hell of a christmas gift, my remaining balance on my last student loan of $1,730 or so, my dad and his wife decided to pay it off. That's a $90 a month bill I no longer have, which is nice.

I've been lucky to avoid family issues mostly. My only concern is for my brother if he really marries this girl he's engaged to. He has a child with her, and she has a child of her own from a previous thing. I just don't think the two of them are right for each other. She's so damn vacant and weird. When a date is set, I'm gonna say to him as the time approaches, look dude, are you really sure you want to do this, you two do not have to be together to make the kid thing work. Her kid is 5 and has some form of Autism, and their kid is 2 and I believe she's going to be the same way. I pegged her kid for it and told them, but they never did anything about it, and now, that could have been two years he could have had therapy. They're really not ready for kids. I mean, they show up with no shoes on sometimes, or no wipes in the diaper bag. He's so disorganized, you could give him a check for a million dollars and he'd lose it in two seconds. I think they've been doing better, they used to fight really bad, I actually was living there and left because I got tired of it. She was sucking him dry for a while, not financially, butlike, spiritually, she was sucking his soul dry of anything happy. I hated seeing him depressed like that. And he actually seemed worse after a time after I left there, but I guess he's OK now. The whole thing is so uncertain, and I don't like it. My mom, and my aunt don't like her either. My dad and his wife I guess do, but I think they try to remain neutral as much as possible.

Now, back in the fall of 2014, my grandpa died of a complication due to his quadruple bypass surgery a week later he got out of the hospital. Two years later, in the mountains where that side of the family are from, my grandma up there signs Spicewood, which is the land that should have been divided into thirds, my dad getting a third, my uncle George getting a third, and my uncle Chuck getting a third. But, out of those three, Chuckie is her son, my dad and George are not. She's my grandpa's hell, 2nd, 3rd, I don't know, but not his first wife. She's always been a little... funny about that, sometimes acting like the other two, I'm not gonna say don't exist, its just weird. Basically, she favored her son over those two every single time. So, that land got signed over to Chuck. Now, imagine that you hear from the age of 5 that one day, you'll get that land, all through your childhood and so forth, and with one stroke of the pen, bam, its gone. I mean, my dad and his brother Chuck still talk, so its not like its completely out of the family, but still.

I was up there this summer. There is a cemetary not far away from our camp. You go up our drive, which merges onto this road, part of it goes up and around to meet up with another road that's a steep downhill road before forking left and right, and the other half goes down and around, so it forms  a large loop. It's this lower half where the cemetary is located, off to the left if you leave the camp, and to your right if you come towards the camp on that half of the loop. I've always wanted to be buried there, but I didn't think it was possible. That land, I don't know, there is a very powerful connection I have to the mountains, and its always been that way for me. So, I recently found out that there are plots open, so I will be getting one, which is awesome, because that's where I want to end up when I die.

This summer, my other grandpa on my mom's side of the family was in the hospital for nearly 3 months. He went in there with such a bad list of stuff I didn't think he was gonna make it. He was kept out of it for a while, completely sedated to the point of being almost in a coma. I had to work myself up to go in there and see him, A, because I hate hospitals, and B, I don't know, its something having to do with someone you perceive as strong, being completely weakened, it fucks with your head. So its a bunch of us there now, me, my mom, my brother, my aunt, and his... I don't even know, for lack of a better term, wife. (That's a whole other story). So yeah, he's not doing good at all that day, his heart keeps going into arythmias and they can't get it under control. They had a call into Cardiology, who basically were gonna come down there and zap him, which they said was a risk being that he's 79. We go outside for 5 minutes and come back in, and he's doing better, they had one last medication to try I guess before they had to resort to the defibrulator, and it worked. After that, he was still asleep for a while, but then he had to be kept in after being woke up due to problems swallowing. He had to have a tube in his trachea and one in his stomach for feeding, and that presented problems, and more things, but finally, he made it out. He's not really back to normal though. his uh, aw hell wife, they have a kid together, but anyway, she said even before he was in there that he was having memory issues, but its definitely worse now that he's out. he also can't go up the stairs without resting halfway up. I don't know what the deal is with him and driving, but I suspect they don't want him driving because of all of this, so that sucks. I think he's probably really depressed, though he doesn't really show it. He couldn't hunt this year, and he lives to hunt.

Also, my grandma, his ex, even though he's over at her house like every day, or well, before that he was, now maybe twice a week, but she has memory issues too, has for the past 5 years or so. She's so damn stubborn though she refuses to admit it. She's living in denial, and her disease makes her think she's done things she hasn't done and things of that nature. That's where I'm living at now, and its a good thing too, because she can't be left to her own devices. So basically,its me, my mother, and my grandmother living in the same house, lol.

To give examples, I will come on and the oven is on, and I'll say what are you making, and she'll say a baked potato. I'll heat something up quick in the microwave, and sit down and eat, and she's got the start of another meal going, and I'll be like, isn't your potato gonna be enough, and she'll be confused, and say, what potato, and I'll say the one in the oven. She'll say there's nothing in the oven, I'll say yes there is, its on. She'll go over, realize that its on because there's lights on the panel, open it up, and yep, there's the potato. I've found stuff like coffee in the microwave, long since cold, so she's put coffee in to heat back up, and its done since got cold again, I've found soup in there, or a TV dinner that is still frozen, while she's over on the stove making soup or a hot dog or something else. She does deflect a lot of stuff, so if you didn't know her, you'd probably not notice.

Here's another example. We had a bit of a scare today because a friend of the family, who had come over to take her car to get air in the tires, was gone for nearly an hour. To run up to the gas station to fill up the tires takes what, 5 minutes, if even that? So, he's not back and we're all trying to get a hold of him, texting, and calling. The problem is, he came over in his truck and left the dog in it. So the dog's out there, but the truck's locked, so we can't get her out. So we're down there talking about what might be going on, and one thing I said was, he might have just left his phone in the truck, or if he left it overnight, it probably went dead, because its cold as hell outside, like 10 degrees F. So it just goes around in this circle, my grandma says well if he'd have been held up, he'd have called, but one of us would say, well his phone might be dead, and she'd forget that and keep going over that same line.

I've also come down a few times and smelled smoke from a candle, like, she's have left it burn all night, and it had burnt down and went out.

SO yeah, things are somewhat eventful lol.