Re: What are your expectations for 2018 in terms of PC and mobile gaming

again, I have been urging huboodle to expand beyond the simple stuff.

My own belief is I believe in their plan. A lot of games are made niche, which is not necessarily a good business model, especially with the high underemployment and unemployment among the blind, and other game companies either give a lip service to  blind accessibility or don't bother, as in many cases it isn't cost effective or at least doesn't seem so. App A11Y with their simple games might not be giving us quite what we want, but its commitment to making stuff for both the sighted and the blind to play together is something I really like to see. Out of Sight Games in also getting eventually to adding graphics to their blind-accessible game is also a step I think it is good to take.

The echo and the google home, working largely from audio imput and output already are practically made for us, so the future of having a lot of areas where the blind and sighted can work together and play together on a more equal footing Is looking pretty bright.

I love Crazy Party, and Entombed, but I think we will not get the truly massive, truly amazing games that will propel us to a brand new place unless barriers are cut down where possible. AHC and Huboodle are attempting to do that in making stuff that works for the blind but would appeal to the sighted too, and I want to see a lot more of that going forward.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : CrystalD via Audiogames-reflector